Today I decided to get down to business and clean out some things for the arrival of the baby. I did what I NEVER thought I would do…..I threw out ALL of my beloved Domino magazines. Nevermind that they broke a dresser drawer with their sagging weight, or that you can probably find every single image that was ever in them on Pinterest. It was still sad!
So here is an ode to Domino with 5 things that make me happy (remember ’10 things that make me happy’ at the end of each issue??) This is to remind me to move on to things that make me happy right now, and to forget about the piles of magazines (and everything else I cleaned out) that is in the past!
1. Hermès Balcon du Guadalquivir….the most beautiful pattern.
2. Green Tea Mochi Ice Cream….mmm wish I had one right now.
3. The Paris Wife. Have you read it? I loved it. This weekend I am going to the library to take out A Moveable Feast and anything else about Paris in the 20’s.
4. My big chambray men’s shirt that doubles as a smock. Nothing is more comfortable right now.
5. The softest, perfect shade of orange, leather shopper from the Gap of all places!
I would love to do a series where I illustrate other people’s happy things….something to think about!